Amanda-Users

Re: barcodes in Exabyte 230D

2005-02-01 11:37:53
Subject: Re: barcodes in Exabyte 230D
From: Nick Danger <nick AT hackermonkey DOT com>
To: Wim Zwitser <zwitser AT astro.rug DOT nl>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 11:22:12 -0500
Humm... mine does too. Using chg-scsi and have the the barcode option set.

havebarcode 1 # Set this to 1 if you have an library with an installed
                    # barcode reader

Its working anyway, just does have to look at each tape. Where does amanda store barcode information?

-Nick

Wim Zwitser wrote:
Hi,

I try to install an amanda server on a Linux Enterprise pc with
the standard redhat rpms's. The pc is connected to an Exabyte 230D
DLT jukebox with 1 drive and 31 slots.

As far as I can see the basics are running fine, except one thing:
I can not read the barcodes on tapes in the jukebox  with one of
the am*-tools.

The only tool which gives the barcodes is mtx. After "mtx inquiry"
the "mtx status" command lists barcodes.

But "amtape <conf> show" starts to load all tapes one by one in
order to read an amanda label.
I like to see it reading the barcodes!

Does anyone have an idea?

Thank you in advance,