Amanda-Users

Re: barcodes in Exabyte 230D

2005-02-01 10:51:03
Subject: Re: barcodes in Exabyte 230D
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 10:43:46 -0500
On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 03:57:54PM +0100, Wim Zwitser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to install an amanda server on a Linux Enterprise pc with
> the standard redhat rpms's. The pc is connected to an Exabyte 230D
> DLT jukebox with 1 drive and 31 slots.
>
> As far as I can see the basics are running fine, except one thing:
> I can not read the barcodes on tapes in the jukebox  with one of
> the am*-tools.
>
> The only tool which gives the barcodes is mtx. After "mtx inquiry"
> the "mtx status" command lists barcodes.
>
> But "amtape <conf> show" starts to load all tapes one by one in
> order to read an amanda label.
> I like to see it reading the barcodes!
>
> Does anyone have an idea?

I don't use barcodes so this is just guessing.

What changer script are you using?  I think only two support barcodes.
chg-scsi and chg-zd-mtx

If using one of them, have you followed the steps necessary to configure
the script to use barcodes?  IIRC chg-zd-mtx requires uncommenting or
setting of some parameters, some extra files, and/or an initial run
to set up the barcode file.

jl
 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)