Amanda-Users

Re: Removing unwanted dumps.

2005-01-31 13:46:10
Subject: Re: Removing unwanted dumps.
From: Eric Siegerman <erics AT telepres DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:38:28 -0500
On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 01:11:48PM -0500, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> The curinfo db has very little info that would make a difference.
> As to particular dumps, things like date, size, level are only
> kept for the most recent at each level.

I misspoke.  I should have said, "curinfo + indexes + any other
info that Amanda keeps around".  What you say applies to curinfo
itself, but what about the rest?  If nothing else, those index
files will take up some space; will they ever be deleted, or will
they hang around forever?

--

|  | /\
|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics AT telepres DOT com
|  |  /
The animal that coils in a circle is the serpent; that's why so
many cults and myths of the serpent exist, because it's hard to
represent the return of the sun by the coiling of a hippopotamus.
        - Umberto Eco, "Foucault's Pendulum"