Amanda-Users

Re: Removing unwanted dumps.

2005-01-31 13:35:24
Subject: Re: Removing unwanted dumps.
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martinea AT iro.umontreal DOT ca>
To: Joe Konecny <jkonecn AT green-mfg DOT com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:29:10 -0500
On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 12:03:31PM -0500, Joe Konecny wrote:
> If you have dumps that are on the holding disk but not
> needed to be flushed to tape, what should I do?  Manually
> delete them from the holding disk?  Maybe I'm not looking
> in the right place but I don't see the answer to this question
> in the docs.

There is one possible problem:
  - amanda did a level 1 backup yesterday
  - amanda did a level 2 backup today
  - if you remove yesterday level 1 from holding disk you will not
    be able to recover the filesystem at the state of today.

If you remove a dump from holding disk, make sure that you have
a backup at same level or lower the following day.

Jean-Louis
--
Jean-Louis Martineau             email: martineau AT iro.umontreal DOT ca
Département IRO, Université de Montréal