Amanda-Users

Re: Permission problems with amlabel.

2005-01-22 17:31:41
Subject: Re: Permission problems with amlabel.
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 17:24:58 -0500
On Sat, Jan 22, 2005 at 11:05:54PM +0100, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 17:00 -0500, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> > On Sat, Jan 22, 2005 at 09:58:42PM +0100, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> > >
> > > I have no idea whatsoever what this is all about. I would be grateful if
> > > someone would explain to me what the heck it is and how I can satisfy
> > > amlabel?
> > >

> > Here is what I wrote to the list in Oct about
> > someone who seemed to have a similar problem:
> >
> > == I forget the details now, and whether it was fixed, but someone
> > == reported that the tapelist file not only had to exist, but either
> > == had to be zero length (not even a blank line) or had to have a
> > == blank line. Sorry I forget which.
> >
> Oh, tapelist exists and has a length of zero just like when I
> successfully ran amlabel during the tests.

As I noted, it may have been that it needed a blank line.
It was something really funky.

Just in case, convert it from a length of zero to a length of 1
(a blank line), as follows:

   echo "" > tapelist

To go the other (blank line to zero) do a:

   > tapelist    # no command

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)