Amanda-Users

Permission problems with amlabel.

2005-01-22 16:09:35
Subject: Permission problems with amlabel.
From: "Erik P. Olsen" <erik AT epo DOT dk>
To: Amanda Users List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:58:42 +0100
I have labeled the tapes before during my tests without problems. Now,
when preparing amanda for production I relabeled the tapes (after having
duly removed them from the repository by amrmtape) and changed the
directory into which the tapelist would go. Then amanda wouldn't label
the tapes. The command used was:

[root@epo full]# su amanda -c "amlabel -f full full01"
rewinding, reading label full01
rewinding, writing label full01, checking labelamlabel: couldn't write
tapelist: Permission denied

Well, I thought it was permissions for the file tapelist and changed
that to full permission, but still got the same error.

I then saw syslog had the following message:

Jan 22 21:13:39 epo su(pam_unix)[9298]: session opened for user amanda
by erik(uid=0)
Jan 22 21:13:39 epo su[9298]: Warning!  Could not relabel /dev/pts/1
with user_u:object_r:devpts_t, not relabeling.Operation not permitted
Jan 22 21:13:39 epo su(pam_unix)[9298]: session closed for user amanda

I have no idea whatsoever what this is all about. I would be grateful if
someone would explain to me what the heck it is and how I can satisfy
amlabel?

--
Thanks and regards,
Erik P. Olsen