Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda Linux and firewalls

2005-01-19 10:08:00
Subject: Re: Amanda Linux and firewalls
From: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:20:18 -0500
On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 10:28:15AM +0000, Neil Marjoram enlightened us:
> Can anyone help me with a small problem I have with a firewall.
>
> My server has no firewall, but two of my clients have iptables
> firewalls. Can anyone tell me what rules I should setup on the client
> firewall to allow the backup from the server.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Neil.

For clients I allow connections from the amanda server to udp port 10080 and
I also load the ip_conntrack_amanda module. I'm not sure ip_conntrack_amanda
is needed, but it doesn't seem to be hurting anything.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics