Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda Linux and firewalls

2005-01-19 09:38:06
Subject: Re: Amanda Linux and firewalls
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Neil Marjoram <n.marjoram AT adastral.ucl.ac DOT uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 08:33:59 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 at 10:28am, Neil Marjoram wrote

> Can anyone help me with a small problem I have with a firewall.
>
> My server has no firewall, but two of my clients have iptables
> firewalls. Can anyone tell me what rules I should setup on the client
> firewall to allow the backup from the server.

This is what I use.  It's fairly permissive and could certainly be
tightened up more.

-A INPUT -p udp -s $AMANDA_SERVER -d 0/0 --dport 10080 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp -s $AMANDA_SERVER -d 0/0 --dport 1025:65535 -j ACCEPT

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering