Amanda-Users

Problem with Backup after changing hardware

2005-01-06 02:31:10
Subject: Problem with Backup after changing hardware
From: S.Krumme AT stadt-duisburg DOT de
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 08:19:00 +0100

Dear all,

after putting my DLT-tapedrive in a new server and after copying my amanda files to the new machine, an error occurs running amdump.

The filesystems get dumped properly, but then they are not written to tape. Although after running amcheck device and tape are recognized properly, also the tape label is correct.

I tried to run amflush to get the dumps to tape, but amflush stops waiting to flush. I can remember that on the old machine I changed something regarding the blocksize of the tape device, but I can´t remember exactly how I did it. Unfortunately I do not have any written notice.

Can somebody help me with this matter. Is this the reason why amanda refuses to flush the dumps on the tape ?

Kind regards

Sandra