Amanda-Users

a problembacking up a window machine

2004-12-13 14:29:33
Subject: a problembacking up a window machine
From: "Gil Naveh" <gnaveh AT cleverex DOT com>
To: "Amanda-Users" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:27:41 -0500
hello,

For the last couple of days I am unsuccessfully trying to backup a window
machine(Win 2000) with Samba server(Solaris 9).
I installed Samba on the Solaris server and successfully run and tested
smbclient.
Yet, I am unable to backup the 'Shared folder' on the window box.
When running amcheck Amanda sends me the following error message:

  NOTE: info dir /usr/adm/amanda/DailySet1/curinfo/hostname.com: does not
exist
  NOTE: index dir /usr/adm/amanda/DailySet1/index/hostname.com: does not
exist
  Server check took 0.190 seconds

  Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
  --------------------------------
  WARNING: hostname.com: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?
  Client check: 1 host checked in 30.031 seconds, 1 problem found

Additionally, I updated the file: /etc/amandapass with the following line:
                                 //Window-computer-name/share-folder-name
username%password
I created a shared folder on the Window machine.
smbd and nmbd deamons are running!

Any thoughts, similar experience etc

Thanks much,
gil