Amanda-Users

using Amanda remotely

2004-12-13 12:09:51
Subject: using Amanda remotely
From: "Gil Naveh" <gnaveh AT cleverex DOT com>
To: "Amanda-Users" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 12:01:46 -0500
hello,

We have servers(Solaris 9) on two different locations and when I am running
amcheck I get the following error message:
 WARNING: host2name.com: self check request timed out.  Host down?
 Client check: 1 host checked in 30.029 seconds, 1 problem found
I can ssh remotely the server. I already set the .amandahosts with the
appropriate hosts on both the Amanda server(localy) and on the remote Amanda
client to allow access to this host.

Do I miss something with the configuration? - I had no problem backing up
different servers on the same site.

Thanks,
gil