Amanda-Users

RE: using Amanda remotely

2004-12-13 14:21:10
Subject: RE: using Amanda remotely
From: "Gil Naveh" <gnaveh AT cleverex DOT com>
To: "Amanda-Users" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:14:06 -0500
Thanks guys,

It might be a firewall issue.
gil

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Smith [mailto:fsmith AT hoovers DOT com]
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2004 12:21 PM
To: Gil Naveh; Amanda-Users

--On Monday, December 13, 2004 12:01:46 -0500 Gil Naveh
<gnaveh AT cleverex DOT com> wrote:

> hello,
>
> We have servers(Solaris 9) on two different locations and when I am
running
> amcheck I get the following error message:
>  WARNING: host2name.com: self check request timed out.  Host down?
>  Client check: 1 host checked in 30.029 seconds, 1 problem found
> I can ssh remotely the server. I already set the .amandahosts with the
> appropriate hosts on both the Amanda server(localy) and on the remote
Amanda
> client to allow access to this host.
>
> Do I miss something with the configuration? - I had no problem backing up
> different servers on the same site.
>
> Thanks,
> gil

In addition to what Brian suggested, verify that any firewalls
(or router ACLs) between the servers allow Amanda traffic.  If
you haven't compiled Amanda with the portrange options, it needs
to be faily wide open in both directions.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673