Amanda-Users

Re: a problem backing up a window machine

2004-12-14 19:42:06
Subject: Re: a problem backing up a window machine
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Gil Naveh <gnaveh AT cleverex DOT com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:23:19 +0100
Gil Naveh wrote:

Thanks for the help.
However, when I am following through the example you gave me.
ACA I updated the /etc/amandapass and I have created a domain account with
admin privileges.
Yet, when I run the command
smbclient /etc/amandapass //machine_name/c$ user%passwd mydomain
I get the following error message:
  session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
Any idea why and how to debug it?

I know my english is not very good (actually it is "quiet" bad,
as I used to say), but when I follow my example the command
becomes:

smbclient '//machine_name/c$' -U  user%passwd -W mydomain

Note:
- there is no mention of /etc/amandapass, that's is the
  file where amanda gets the information to fill in here
- there are single quotes around the sharename, otherwise
  the dollar-sign would give trouble in the shell
- there is a "-U" string before the user and the "-W" string
  before the domain;  I hope you do understand the basic
  conventions used in unix command line program to give options.
- if the password contains any special characters for the shell,
  then you need quotes around here too.

Thanks much,
gil