Amanda-Users

Re: Configuration Doubts

2004-12-10 17:11:32
Subject: Re: Configuration Doubts
From: Gavin Henry <ghenry AT suretecsystems DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:58:48 +0000
Fabricio Luiz Machado said:
> Hi,
>
>  I´m doing some tests with a new strategy, but I´m a little confuse.
>
> STRATEGY:
> Sundays: full backup (level 0)
> Monday-Saturday: incremental backup
>
> AMANDA.CONF:
> dumpcycle 1 weeks
> runspercycle 7
> tapecycle 7 tapes
> labelstr "^TEST[0-9][0-9]*$"

Hi,

This means that after 1 week there will be a full backup, Amanda will try
to spread these over the 7 days, depending on how many filesystems you are
backing up.

Please read:

http://www.amanda.org/docs/topten.html#id2550713

Therefore, if you really wish to have a level 0 backup on Sunday, you will
need another amanda.conf with:

dumpcycle 0

and create a crontab to run on Sundays.

--