Amanda-Users

parse of reply message failed

2004-11-03 03:54:40
Subject: parse of reply message failed
From: foo AT porto.bmb.uga DOT edu
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 03:48:01 -0500
I have a client that's been working fine for many months, and after I
recently rebooted it to boot a newer version of the Linux kernel, I
started getting this for all of its filesystems:

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  albarino   / lev 2 FAILED [[parse of reply message failed]]

No configuration was changed at all - a reboot into a newer kernel was
the only thing that happened.  amcheck doesn't report anything wrong.
Both client and server are running Amanda 2.4.2p2 from Debian Woody.

Can anyone tell me how to figure out what's actually going wrong?

Please Cc me on replies, I'm not subscribed to the list.

Thanks,
-ryan