Amanda-Users

Re: amanda still doesn't have EOT properly?

2004-10-27 05:48:02
Subject: Re: amanda still doesn't have EOT properly?
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, amanda-hackers AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:39:51 +0200

Hello,

net> wrote:

>> What I meant was: why does your statement differ so extremely from the
>> documentation?  Or am I misreading it?

FS> The documentation you quoted seems to have come from the MULTITAPE
FS> file in the Docs directory.  The head othat file states:

FS>     MULTITAPE SUPPORT IN AMANDA 2.2

FS>     Draft 1 - jds 3/29/94

FS> It is a proposal for future enhancements which have never been
FS> implemented in the production release, although there are a few
FS> people who have working patches to implement some of the proposed
FS> featues (the tape-spanning of a single dump image, at least).

Sorry for being that late on this thread, I am quite busy these days.

It is true, this MULTITAPE-chapter is an outdated proposal. It
describes how JDS wanted things to be. Read:

FS> Specifically, I would like AMANDA to handle the following:

--------------------^^^^^

The placing of this chapter was wrong, I admit, it should go to the
section where the outdated material is collected. The order of the
chapters is a suggestion also, I have relisted the MULTITAPE-chapter
into the "historical"-section. I will update the Online-html-docs and
pdf as soon as I have heard your opinions on this (the historical
chapters could also be removed completely, but I think they should
stay in to be able to look things up ...)

Thanks for digging that up.

--
Regards,
Stefan