Amanda-Users

Re: amanda still doesn't have EOT properly?

2004-10-26 17:38:32
Subject: Re: amanda still doesn't have EOT properly?
From: Joe Rhett <jrhett AT meer DOT net>
To: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:28:58 -0700
On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 06:35:44PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> If the file cannot be restarted from byte 1 on the next tape, eg the
> system cannot back up to the start of the file being written, then
> something is seriously wrong with the method being used.  In the case
> of no holding disk, then it seems setting one up would be the answer.

These are all stored on a holding disk, and I see the same problem during
amflush of that holding disk.

What's even more curious is that the holding disk files are broken up into
1 gigabyte segments.  So 30-something of these would fit on a single tape,
and if EOT was hit before tape-end, then only <1gb would be lost.

Instead, nothing is being recorded as written to the tape.

--
Joe Rhett
Senior Geek