Amanda-Users

Re: amanda still doesn't have EOT properly?

2004-10-26 18:42:16
Subject: Re: amanda still doesn't have EOT properly?
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: Joe Rhett <jrhett AT meer DOT net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 18:36:52 -0400
On Tuesday 26 October 2004 18:09, Joe Rhett wrote:
>On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 05:57:42PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> > So can you please reconcile your statement and the documentation
>> > above? Or take an action item to update the documentation if it
>> > is wrong?
>>
>> Unforch, I don't have access to the documentation, nor do I read
>> the code so well that I could write correct docs from it.  I
>> suspect that Stefan W. might be the one to ping on this.
>
>I'm sorry, I should be more clear and less pushy :-)
>
>What I meant was: why does your statement differ so extremely from
> the documentation?  Or am I misreading it?

I got my info from the docs and this list originally.  And several
years of running the latest bleeding edge version has confirmed it.
Frankly, I haven't read the docs in real depth in what, 3 or 4
years. :)
However, at my age (70) memory isn't always infallible, I've heard its
the second thing to go... :-)

Currently running Amanda 2.4.5b1-20041022.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: