Amanda-Users

Re: no index records

2004-10-18 12:49:17
Subject: Re: no index records
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:38:20 -0400
On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 11:39:50AM -0400, Joe Konecny wrote:
> > /tmp is normally mode 1777, not 0777 (that last 'x' should be a 't').
>
> Thank you!  Now I think I know what happened...  When amrestore
> finishes it asks if it should set the mode.  I assumed it was
> the file mode that I had restored but it appeared to change
> the mode of /tmp which is what I restored to.  That is why
> the next amrestore didn't work.  What is amrestore asking
> me about the mode?

A guess only,

When you backed up, there was a starting directory at the top
of the tree "."

When you restored, there was also a starting directory, ".",
to which you were restoring into.  But that one is not
coming from the backup tape, it existed when you started
amrecover.

If those two don't match in ownership/permissions, maybe
amrecover is asking if it is allowed to reset the recovery
"." to the permissions of the backed up "."

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)