Amanda-Users

amrecover failing

2004-10-18 13:33:18
Subject: amrecover failing
From: pll+amanda AT permabit DOT com
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:26:24 -0400
Debian/stable (2.4.22 kernel)
Amanda-2.4.4p2
tar (GNU tar) 1.13.25

Hi all,

I'm trying to use amrecover to restore a users homedir, and keep
getting the following error when I answer 'Y' to the 'Load tape now'
question:

    EOF, check amidxtaped.<timestamp>.debug file on space-monster.permabit.com.
    amrecover: short block 0 bytes
    UNKNOWN file
    amrecover: Can't read file header
    extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1

At first I thought maybe I had a bad tape, but I've tried on several
tapes, all with the same results.  I just did an 'amtape <conf> update'
and that was able to correctly read the amanda labels off all of the
tapes.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
--
Seeya,
Paul

GPG Key fingerprint = 1660 FECC 5D21 D286 F853  E808 BB07 9239 53F1 28EE