Amanda-Users

Re: no index records

2004-10-18 11:48:31
Subject: Re: no index records
From: Joe Konecny <jkonecn AT green-mfg DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:39:50 -0400
Mike Delaney wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 17, 2004 at 10:25:17PM -0400, Joe Konecny wrote:
>
>> <snip>
>>
>> I think I may have found the problem.  Somehow I screwed
>> up permissions on /tmp to drwxr-xr-x.  Changed to
>> drwxrwxrwx and things look much better.  I'll know more
>> after I switch the tape in the morning.
>>

> /tmp is normally mode 1777, not 0777 (that last 'x' should be a 't').

Thank you!  Now I think I know what happened...  When amrestore
finishes it asks if it should set the mode.  I assumed it was
the file mode that I had restored but it appeared to change
the mode of /tmp which is what I restored to.  That is why
the next amrestore didn't work.  What is amrestore asking
me about the mode?