Amanda-Users

[out of tape] [dump to tape failed] ["data write: Broken pipe"]

2004-08-29 03:13:43
Subject: [out of tape] [dump to tape failed] ["data write: Broken pipe"]
From: "Reidar Nordin" <reidar AT tedk DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 09:08:24 +0200
I am running amanda in a redhat based network. I am backing up to disk instead of to tape because I had to many errors with the tapes.
When I first started to back up to tape it worked fine but after a while i started getting error messages for just one server.
I am backing up 7 servers and they all work fine except for one of them, the server that gives me the error is (awe), I get this error message after every run (the disk is not full):

These dumps were to tape backup09.
*** A TAPE ERROR OCCURRED: [[writing file: short write]].
Some dumps may have been left in the holding disk.
Run amflush to flush them to tape.
The next tape Amanda expects to use is: backup010.

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  awe        /home lev 0 FAILED [out of tape]
  awe        /home lev 0 FAILED [dump to tape failed]
  awe        /home lev 0 FAILED ["data write: Broken pipe"]

/-- awe        /home lev 0 FAILED ["data write: Broken pipe"]
sendbackup: start [awe:/home level 0]
sendbackup: info BACKUP=/bin/tar
sendbackup: info RECOVER_CMD=/usr/bin/gzip -dc |/bin/tar -f... -
sendbackup: info COMPRESS_SUFFIX=.gz
sendbackup: info end
\--------

Anyone got a clue ????