Amanda-Users

new to me

2004-08-27 11:03:00
Subject: new to me
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, Chris Knight <knight AT wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:57:45 -0400
I'm not concerned about the /usr14 error, the disk isn't currently
spinning, however the "fatal buffer mismanagement bug" error is
interesting, especially since we only have amanda configured to use
a single tape (the server does not have a jukebox).

Server is Solaris with a DLT
Client is IRIX

Amanda is admittedly and older version, we will shortly be moving
this client to a different server, still, it was an odd enough
message that I thought I'd ask the "what happend ?"

                                                thanks,

                                                Brian

taper: retrying bijvoet:/usr1.0 on new tape: [fatal buffer mismanagement bug]

----- Forwarded message from bin AT wadsworth DOT org -----

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  geis       /usr14 lev 0 FAILED [disk /usr14 offline on geis?]
  taper: FATAL syncpipe_get: r: unexpected EOF
  taper: FATAL syncpipe_put: Broken pipe
  bijvoet    /usr1 lev 0 FAILED ["data write: Broken pipe"]
  bijvoet    /usr1 lev 0 FAILED [dump to tape failed]
  bijvoet    /usr1 lev 0 FAILED [dump to tape failed]

FAILED AND STRANGE DUMP DETAILS:

/-- bijvoet    /usr1 lev 0 FAILED ["data write: Broken pipe"]
sendbackup: start [bijvoet:/usr1 level 0]
sendbackup: info BACKUP=/sbin/xfsdump
sendbackup: info RECOVER_CMD=/usr/sbin/gzip -dc |/sbin/xfsrestore -f... -
sendbackup: info COMPRESS_SUFFIX=.gz
sendbackup: info end
| xfsdump: version 3.0
| xfsdump: level 0 dump of bijvoet:/usr1
| xfsdump: dump date: Fri Aug 27 03:11:50 2004
| xfsdump: session id: 88afe71f-811e-1028-8b0a-0800690c3484
| xfsdump: session label: ""
| xfsdump: ino map phase 1: skipping (no subtrees specified)
| xfsdump: ino map phase 2: constructing initial dump list
| xfsdump: ino map phase 3: skipping (no pruning necessary)
| xfsdump: ino map phase 4: skipping (size estimated in phase 2)
| xfsdump: ino map phase 5: skipping (only one dump stream)
| xfsdump: ino map construction complete
| xfsdump: estimated dump size: 23699261824 bytes
| xfsdump: creating dump session media file 0 (media 0, file 0)
| xfsdump: dumping ino map
| xfsdump: dumping directories
| xfsdump: dumping non-directory files
\--------

NOTES:
  planner: Incremental of bioinfo:/usr4 bumped to level 2.
  planner: Incremental of bioinfo:/opt bumped to level 2.
  taper: retrying bijvoet:/usr1.0 on new tape: [fatal buffer mismanagement bug]
  driver: taper exited with code 1

(brought to you by Amanda version 2.4.4p1)

----- End forwarded message -----
---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org