Amanda-Users

sendbackup file renaming failure

2004-08-25 20:56:59
Subject: sendbackup file renaming failure
From: Mitch Collinsworth <mitch AT ccmr.cornell DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 20:53:13 -0400 (EDT)
Today one of my dumps failed in an unusual manner.

After the dump finished and the index was completed, I received the
following error:

error [renaming /var/adm/amanda/gnutar-lists/usda01afs:usda01_b_.*.backup_0.new
to /var/adm/amanda/gnutar-lists/usda01afs:usda01_b_.*.backup_0: No such file or
directory]

Somehow this was sufficient for the dump to "fail".  Therefore it was
deleted from the holding disk rather than copied to tape.  [Grr..!]
In roughly 5 years of using amanda I have never seen this happen before.

This is 2.4.3b3.

Any ideas what would cause this?

-Mitch