Amanda-Users

Re: Restore buffer?

2004-08-25 14:44:30
Subject: Re: Restore buffer?
From: Michael Loftis <mloftis AT wgops DOT com>
To: Darren Landrum <dlandrum AT co.montrose.co DOT us>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 12:43:25 -0600
amrecover and amrestore can be used to recover or restore arbitrary parts of the backup tape( s ) to arbitrary places...assuming the machine you're running them from has the appropriate tools available (IE gnutar and/or the particular 'dump' programs needed) -- so the generic answer is 'yes' -- restores can happen to any amanda client that is given access to the server.