Amanda-Users

Restore buffer?

2004-08-25 13:37:39
Subject: Restore buffer?
From: Darren Landrum <dlandrum AT co.montrose.co DOT us>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 11:32:07 -0600
I am in charge of seeting up a new backup server for the County of Montrose,
CO. My boss has asked me to put together a system that will allow us to
buffer a restore job (say, grabbing a file from tape) before sending the file
back to its proper place on a server.

The reason he feels this is necessary is so we can look at a file restored
from tape before we destroy anything that might be on the server proper. That
way, it can be confirmed by the user that this is indeed the file(s) they
need restored before we commit to the final action.

Is Amanda capable of this kind of operation?

Thank you very much for your time.

--
Regards,
Darren Landrum