Amanda-Users

Re: Restore buffer?

2004-08-25 14:25:44
Subject: Re: Restore buffer?
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Darren Landrum <dlandrum AT co.montrose.co DOT us>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:24:17 -0500
--On Wednesday, August 25, 2004 11:32:07 -0600 Darren Landrum <dlandrum AT
co.montrose.co DOT us> wrote:

> I am in charge of seeting up a new backup server for the County of Montrose,
> CO. My boss has asked me to put together a system that will allow us to
> buffer a restore job (say, grabbing a file from tape) before sending the file
> back to its proper place on a server.
>
> The reason he feels this is necessary is so we can look at a file restored
> from tape before we destroy anything that might be on the server proper. That
> way, it can be confirmed by the user that this is indeed the file(s) they
> need restored before we commit to the final action.
>
> Is Amanda capable of this kind of operation?

I almost always use Amanda this way, restoring into a scratch directory
and then moving the files to where they need to go.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673