Amanda-Users

Re: advice please!

2004-08-25 12:15:39
Subject: Re: advice please!
From: Maccy <maccy AT maccomms.co DOT uk>
To: pll+amanda AT permabit DOT com
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:12:29 +0100 (BST)
Hi Paul,

Many thanks for your advice! It will be very useful.

> Ahh, nice set up, that's what I have and really like it.  Mine has a
> barcode reader in it too, though I've not spent the time to configure
> that yet (it's on the "todo" list when I find some more 'round tuits' :)

I'm not sure whether mine has one, if it does I'll get it up and running
somewhere down the line, have to concentrate on the basics first of course
:-)

> Not overly complicated, just run 2 different configurations.
> (I'm assuming that the Fri-Sun backups are meant for offsite storage ?)

They could be, although are not currently, no.

> The big problem is going to be your full dumps.  Do you really want
> to run a full dump Fri, Sat, and Sun?  Or do you just want to run a
> single full dump of the data allowing it to run over those 3 days?

I want to do the latter.

Can you explain more about the bumpsize?

Maccy