Amanda-Users

Re: chg-zd-mtx issue ?

2004-08-11 10:00:24
Subject: Re: chg-zd-mtx issue ?
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: nyohadi <hadi AT esuria.com DOT bn>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, Chris Knight <knight AT wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:56:27 -0400
[Original note from user follows .sig]

Hadi,

Glad to help.

I note two things right off, in my config

changerfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/ninfo/chg-zd-mtx"
where you have
changerfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/daily/changer.conf"

I believe I tried it your way originally, resulting in
amanda being unable to find /usr/local/etc/amanda/ninfo/chg-zd-mtx.conf.conf
since it seems to add the extension by itself.

Second thing I note is that I have a number of parameters in
my config file that you seem to be missing.

My file (for a 9 slot L9 changer, really HP under the hood) contains

[nnewton] /usr/local/etc/amanda/ninfo 6> more chg-zd-mtx.conf
firstslot=1
lastslot=9
#cleanslot=3
AUTOCLEAN=0
autocleancount=99
havereader=1
offlinestatus=0
OFFLINE_BEFORE_UNLOAD=0
max_drive_wait=300

Please see if adding first/last slot information to your file helps.

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 06:27:12AM -0700, nyohadi wrote:
> Hi Brian ,
>               my name is hadi , i am from brunei , i am newbie in amanda
> , i am install in solaris 9 with  l8 autoloader , i test command with
> mtx working properly , but when i am label ,i got messages :
>
> bash-2.05$ /usr/local/sbin/amtape daily slot 1
> amtape: could not load slot <none>: cannot determine first slot
>
>      tape config on amanda.conf
>
> tpchanger "chg-zd-mtx" # the tape-changer glue script
>
> #tapedev "/dev/rmt/0cn"  # the no-rewind tape device to be used
> tapedev "/dev/rmt/0cn"  # the no-rewind tape device to be used
>
> changerfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/daily/changer.conf"
>
> changerdev "/dev/scsi/changer/c3t0d0"
>
> runtapes 1         # number of tapes to be used in a single run of amdump
>
>    changer.conf
> multieject 0
> gravity 0
> needeject 0
> ejectdelay 0
>

> many thanks and regards
>
> Hadi
>

> .

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org