Amanda-Users

advice please!

2004-08-11 09:48:07
Subject: advice please!
From: Maccy <maccy AT maccomms.co DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:34:06 +0100 (BST)
Hi folks,

I'm after some advice, as I haven't had any experience of setting up a
backup system before.

I recently acquired a Overland Powerloader with 17 slots and 1 LTO-2
drive. I want to backup ~3TB of data, and I'd like to do it incrementally
throughout the working week and fully Friday thru Sunday. Ideally I'd like
3 cycles on the full dump and 2 cycles of tapes for the incremental. I
have a total of 25 LTO-2 tapes at my disposal.

How would I go about labelling the tapes? Is there anything else I need to
look for?

Many thanks in advance,

Maccy