Amanda-Users

Re: Sun Solaris stops compiling

2004-08-19 10:08:38
Subject: Re: Sun Solaris stops compiling
From: Todd Zenker <toddz2000 AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:47:42 -0400
When I run ./configure --with-user=amanda --with-group=disk, I dont
get an error, I get a command prompt right after the config.status:
executing depfiles commands.

It looks like I can start to run make, but there is no make to run.
I know this is a simple thing becuase a ran into the same problem a
long long time ago and don't remember what I did...

I'm getting to old to remember what I did last week.

My shell is BASH.  I put almost every path I can thin of the script
would use.  Not sure what else.

Any more ideas??? Let me know
Thanks
Todd

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 12:37:16 +0200, Paul Bijnens
<paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com> wrote:
> todd zenker wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to compile the amanda-2.4.4.p1 client on Solaris 9 and it
> > stops at config.status: executing depfiles commands.
>
> Define "stop".
> Any message?
> Does it simply hang?  For how long did you wait?
> Do you get a shell prompt back? After how long?
>
> Is the program waiting for some unresponsive network filesystems?
>
> If you're compiling anyway, why did you choose an old version?
> Current stable is 2.4.4p3.
I have had problems with this old version until now.  hahahehe...

--
Todd E. Zenker