Amanda-Users

RE: Amanda refusing to reuse old tapes

2004-08-17 10:05:42
Subject: RE: Amanda refusing to reuse old tapes
From: "Dege, Robert C." <robert.dege AT ngc DOT com>
To: "'Jay Ted'" <jayted AT linuxmail DOT org>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 07:03:03 -0700
I'm just thinking out loud here .....

In your amanda.conf, you show "tapecycle 35 tapes", but do you actually have 35
tapes labeled & listed in tapelist?

I ran into this problem with amanda at one point.  I had tapecycle 40, but only
had 20 tapes labeled.  As a result,
amanda was looking for the 21st tape, instead of looping back to tape #1.
Lowering the tapecycle to 20 fixed the
problem.

-Rob