Amanda-Users

Re: data timeout - no replies...anyone???

2004-08-12 10:13:30
Subject: Re: data timeout - no replies...anyone???
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: "Ranveer Attalia" <Ranveer.Attalia AT tertio DOT com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 09:54:25 -0400
On Thursday 12 August 2004 04:21, Ranveer Attalia wrote:
>I'm still having this problem, can anyone help?

This really isn't enough info to do more than make a wild guess.

And theres some confusion about servers vs clients.  An amanda server
is the machine the tape drives live in, everybody else is a client
(including the server if it also backs itself up), and I'm
interpreting the above to mean you've added 2 more clients, not 2
more servers.

I'd start by looking in the logs the client copy of amanda keeps to
see if the process is dying for some reason.  Amanda does keep pretty
detailed logs, and does her own log rotations. To me a dtimeout of
7200 is considerable overkill.

[...]

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: