Amanda-Users

Re: AMANDA Documentation at www.oops.co.at (SGI Irix additions)

2004-08-05 10:06:48
Subject: Re: AMANDA Documentation at www.oops.co.at (SGI Irix additions)
From: Luc Lalonde <Luc.Lalonde AT polymtl DOT ca>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 09:59:53 -0400
Hello Stefan,

Here's a few corrections (in blue):

************Cut Here******************************

Luc Lalonde <Luc.Lalonde AT polymtl DOT ca <mailto:Luc.Lalonde AT polymtl DOT ca>> contributed the following notes:

If you use a jukebox, you must set the ownership of the robot-changer device to the Amanda operator:group in /etc/ioperms. Here's my configuration:

/etc/ioperms: /dev/scsi/sc8d6l0 0600 amanda backup

Otherwise the ownership:group is changed to root:sys after each reboot.

When you do upgrades, check the file /var/sysgen/master.d/scsi to see if it has changed. Otherwise your jukebox could be rendered unuseable. In particular, check if it has been replaced by a new version and renamed to “/scsi.O/”. If you use the Amanda package provided by freeware.sgi.com, you do not need to make any changes to the /etc/ioperms file since by default the Amanda is operator is root:sys.
************Cut Here*****************************

Thanks.

Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:

Hi, Luc,

on Donnerstag, 05. August 2004 at 13:37 you wrote to amanda-users:

LL> I think that it should go into the SGI-Irix section...

Added it to

http://www.oops.co.at/AMANDA-docs/systemnotes.html#id2877151.

Please verify.

--