Amanda-Users

amdump fails with badly formatted response from

2004-05-26 05:39:25
Subject: amdump fails with badly formatted response from
From: Stefan Noll <s.noll AT metrix DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 11:36:10 +0200
hello,

after 3 years successfull backup with amanda
amdump fails since a few days with the message

Amanda Backup Report EMail:
FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
planner: ERROR neptun: invalid reply from sendsize: `/var/samba/projojekte/Laufende/Klingelnberg 1 SIZE 60'
  neptun     /etc lev 0 FAILED [badly formatted response from neptun]
  neptun     /home lev 0 FAILED [badly formatted response from neptun]

The first question is the very obscure path:
/var/samba/projojekte/Laufende/Klingelnberg

The entry in the disklist is
neptun /var/samba/projekte/Laufende/Klingelnberg comp-root-tar

There are many many other projects to backup.

What means badly formatted response?
I checked the amandad.XXXX.debug on backupserver and on backupclient neptun.
I didnt found any errors about neptun und for example /etc

I am using Redhat Fedora Core 1 and Amanda 2.4.4p2 on server and on client neptun.

Any tips?

Thanks in Advance
Stefan Noll