Amanda-Users

RE: Solaris 2.8 Bianry?

2004-05-17 11:39:30
Subject: RE: Solaris 2.8 Bianry?
From: BAUMLER Julie L <julie.x.baumler AT co.multnomah.or DOT us>
To: amanda users list <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 13:12:14 -0700

I've committed to providing a community provided version of a Solaris
amanda package with sunfreeware.  I currently have 2.4.4p1 packages
(client/server and client only).  I'm close to ready to roll a 2.4.4p2
package, but we keep making so many changes in our local configs that I
can't test them anyway.  My package start and finish scripts (the same
for both versions) also need more testing before they can be released.
If a few people would like the 2.4.4p1 version(s) in the meantime and
are willing to let me know whether the pre- and post-install scripts
work acceptably on their systems, I would greatly appreciate it and it
would help me in getting them ready for release to Sunfreeware as well.
Just send me an email with the version you would like.  (Currently, I
only have packages compiled on Solaris 8, I plan to do native Solaris 9
and possibly 7 for Sunfreeware once I have acceptable pre- and
post-install scripts.)

Julie

Julie L Baumler, CISSP
Sr Systems Administrator