Amanda-Users

Re: Solaris 2.8 Bianry?

2004-05-10 16:36:39
Subject: Re: Solaris 2.8 Bianry?
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda users list <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 16:29:58 -0400
On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 10:09:18AM -0400, stan wrote:
> We just had a vendr upgrade several systems, and now I hve Saprc boxes with
> Solaris 2.8 on them. A quick check of the SunFreeware site doesn't seem to
> show an Amanda package for these machines.
>
> Can anyone point me to a Solaris 2.8 binary? I don't have compilers on
> these boxes, and I'm reluctant to load GCC etall, just to compile this oen
> package.

On the Sun's BigAdmin site, there is an article from October
describing the compiling and installing of amanda.  The version
used in the article is 2.4.4.p1 but the instructions would be
just as applicable to the current version.

Particularly interesting is the instructions for how to create
a System V package for the client software so that could be
a simple "pkgadd" operation.

http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/features/articles/backups_amanda.html

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)