Amanda-Users

amanda config question

2004-04-21 16:39:13
Subject: amanda config question
From: Doug Penny <penny AT nrcaknights DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:34:08 -0400
I have been trying to get amanda setup on our network, but have not been having much luck. We are running FreeBSD 4.9 with Amanda 2.4.4 and a ATL PowerStor L200 Library with a DLT7000 drive. I have gone through the amanda.conf and chg-scsi.conf files over and over but can't seem to get things working. Here is the error message I get when I try the amlabel command: amlabel: could not load slot "0": check your config and use a config file for chg-scsi

Here is the top of my amanda.conf file:

inparallel 4 # maximum dumpers that will run in parallel (max 63)
                        # this maximum can be increased at compile-time,
                        # modifying MAX_DUMPERS in server-src/driverio.h
dumporder "sssS"        # specify the priority order of each dumper
                        #   s -> smallest size
                        #   S -> biggest size
                        #   t -> smallest time
                        #   T -> biggest time
                        #   b -> smallest bandwitdh
                        #   B -> biggest bandwitdh
                        # try "BTBTBTBTBTBT" if you are not holding
                        # disk constrained
netusage 600 Kbps # maximum net bandwidth for Amanda, in KB per sec

dumpcycle 1 weeks       # the number of days in the normal dump cycle
runspercycle 6         # the number of amdump runs in dumpcycle days
# (4 weeks * 5 amdump runs per week -- just weekdays)
tapecycle 7 tapes       # the number of tapes in rotation
# 4 weeks (dumpcycle) times 5 tapes per week (just
                        # the weekdays) plus a few to handle errors that
# need amflush and so we do not overwrite the full # backups performed at the beginning of the previous
                        # cycle
### ### ###
# WARNING: don't use `inf' for tapecycle, it's broken!
### ### ###

bumpsize 20 Mb # minimum savings (threshold) to bump level 1 -> 2
bumpdays 1              # minimum days at each level
bumpmult 4              # threshold = bumpsize * bumpmult^(level-1)

etimeout 300 # number of seconds per filesystem for estimates.
#etimeout -600          # total number of seconds for estimates.
# a positive number will be multiplied by the number of filesystems on
# each host; a negative number will be taken as an absolute total time-out.
# The default is 5 minutes per filesystem.

dtimeout 1800 # number of idle seconds before a dump is aborted.

ctimeout 30             # maximum number of seconds that amcheck waits
                        # for each client host

tapebufs 20

runtapes 1 # number of tapes to be used in a single run of amdump
tpchanger "chg-scsi"    # the tape-changer glue script
tapedev "/dev/nsa0"     # the no-rewind tape device to be used
#rawtapedev "/dev/null" # the raw device to be used (ftape only)
changerfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/daily/chg-scsi.conf"
#changerfile "/usr/adm/amanda/DailySet1/changer-status"
#changerfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/DailySet1/changer.conf"
changerdev "/dev/ch0"

maxdumpsize -1 # Maximum number of bytes the planner will schedule
                        # for a run (default: runtapes * tape_length).
tapetype DLT            # what kind of tape it is (see tapetypes below)
labelstr "^VOL[0-9][0-9]*$" # label constraint regex: all tapes must match

amrecover_do_fsf yes            # amrecover will call amrestore with the
# -f flag for faster positioning of the tape.
amrecover_check_label yes       # amrecover will call amrestore with the
                                # -l flag to check the label.
amrecover_changer "/dev/null" # amrecover will use the changer if you restore
                                # from this device.

And here is the top of my chg-scsi.conf file:

number_configs  1
eject           1       # Tapedrives need an eject command
sleep           60      # Seconds to wait until the tape gets ready
cleanmax        10      # How many times could a cleaning tape get used
changerdev      /dev/ch0
#
# Next comes the data for drive 0
#
config          0
drivenum        0
dev /dev/nsa0 # the device that is used for the tapedrive 0
startuse        0       # The slots associated with the drive 0
enduse          7       #
statfile /usr/local/etc/amanda/tape7-slot # The file where the actual sl
ot is stored
cleancart 7 # the slot where the cleaningcartridge for drive 0 is lo
cated
cleanfile /usr/local/etc/amanda/tape7-clean # The file where the cleanings
 are recorded
usagecount      /usr/local/etc/amanda/backup/totaltime

I feel like this is probably a simply problem, but I can't find it. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks for your time.

Doug Penny