Amanda-Users

Re: nfs mounted executable

2004-02-19 15:32:38
Subject: Re: nfs mounted executable
From: Eric Siegerman <erics AT telepres DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:30:27 -0500
On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 06:33:37PM -0800, DK Smith wrote:
> Has anyone successfully used "--enable-static" ?
> I have not been able to determine the appropriate syntax.
>
> I have tried these three ways:
>
> --enable-static

Try "--disable-shared".  The options say whether to *build* the
static or shared libs, respectively, and those two choices are
*not* mutually exclusive.  There seems not to be an explicit
"link statically" option, so I'm guessing that the way to do that
is to prevent the shared ones from being built in the first
place.

Another possibility would be to go behind libtool's back with
"LDFLAGS=-static", if you're using gcc...

I haven't tried either of these.

--

|  | /\
|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics AT telepres DOT com
|  |  /
It must be said that they would have sounded better if the singer
wouldn't throw his fellow band members to the ground and toss the
drum kit around during songs.
        - Patrick Lenneau