Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck auth problem (was: amcheck Host Down?????)

2004-02-10 04:47:00
Subject: Re: amcheck auth problem (was: amcheck Host Down?????)
From: Sören Edzen <soren AT edzen DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:41:59 +0100
* Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net> [2004-02-09 22:02]:

Hi!
I'm a newbee on amanda and haven't yet managed to get amanda to
work. The problem in this thread is similar to the one I have. I've
tried the solution sugested by Gene Haskett.
I have made the changes you sugested in the files amanda, amandaidx
and amidxtape located in /etc/xinetd.d/ . I have the following in
[amanda home]/.amandahosts(indented here only for visability):
    localhost amanda
    amanda AT zampo.edzen DOT net  amanda
    root@localhost  root
    root AT zampo.edzen DOT net    root
In /etc/hosts I have the following(there's more entries by I don't think
it's relavent):
127.0.0.1   localhost
192.168.0.10    zampo.edzen.net     zampo

The linuxbox is on a private network. I'm running Suse Linux 9
kernel 2.4.21-166-athlon.
Amanda is the rpm that comes with the Suse distro.
When I run amcheck as the amanda user I get the following:

    Amanda Tape Server Host Check
    -----------------------------
    Holding disk /amanda_dump: 14451456 KB disk space available, using
    14430976 KB
    amcheck-server: slot 1: date 20040206 label zampo-01 (exact label
    match)
    NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
    Tape zampo-01 label ok
    Server che(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4p1)
    Server check took 10.709 seconds

    Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
    --------------------------------
    ERROR: zampo: [access as amanda not allowed from
    amanda AT zampo.edzen DOT net] amandahostsauth failed
    Client check: 1 host checked in 0.056 seconds, 1 problem found

    (brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4p1)

As you can see the user amanda is not allowed access from
amanda AT zampo.edzen DOT net. What does this error point to?
Is it the holding disk, the files to backup or what?

If you need any futher info just tell me and I suppliy it.
By the way, is it really so that there's problems with the rpm
versions of Amanda? If it is I'll try to locate the script you
mentioned and install from source.

TIA
Sören

--
Sören Edzen, Sjöfartsgatan 22A, 97437 Luleå, Sweden
Phone: 0920-255133, Cell: 070-6531975