Amanda-Users

Re: How can I split up a large disk partition?

2004-02-08 19:07:56
Subject: Re: How can I split up a large disk partition?
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 19:04:06 -0500
On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 06:31:13PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 08 February 2004 08:57, stan wrote:
> [...]
> >Well, I did, but it does have the problem of not having the 3rd
> > token in the DLE (before the "{" so amchekc complains about
> > duplicates
>
> Humm, I'll have to re-read that part, I'm confused.  Not the first
> time mind you :)
>
> Checking my own disklist, which has some obsolete cruft in it,
> commented out, the ones I was using for a while do not have that 3rd
> specifier in front of the {.  And they worked just fine.  However, I
> noted in passing by, that the supplied examples in the list do use
> it, possibly as an alias or something. :(
>
> Needs more study by me.

     HOST  [NAME]  ITEM  dumptype [spindle [interface]]

NAME is for reports etc
ITEM is what to_backup, dir or dev

NAME is optional, defaults to ITEM and then must be a dev or dir specification

HOST + NAME must be unique

ITEM can occur multiple times if each associated HOST + NAME is unique

dumptype can be simple or a block inside
    {
    }

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)