Amanda-Users

RE: How does the amanda server identify itself to clients?

2004-02-06 13:18:36
Subject: RE: How does the amanda server identify itself to clients?
From: Michael Kahle <michael.kahle AT scc-wi DOT com>
To: "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 11:56:13 -0600
Sorry if I was not clear here.  The server itself is/has a fqdn.  e.g.
fs.internal.com.  This is also properly registered with my DNS server.

What I am referring to here is in the .amandahosts file, it contains the
line (by default):
localhost backup

What I am wondering is if by me changing that to say:
fs backup
fs.internal.com backup

Will the client look to identify the client in the same way that, say my
host.allow file does?  Or does amanda use some other mechanism to
send/verify this information to amanda.

I am going to guess from the 2 responses that I received (off-list/on-list)
that my question is so silly, that others are confused as to what I am
asking.

Sorry.  I hope I have cleared this up some.

Michael