Amanda-Users

Re: Problem with amflush

2004-02-09 05:53:13
Subject: Re: Problem with amflush
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 11:50:54 +0100
Hi, Rohit,

on Montag, 09. Februar 2004 at 11:39 you wrote to amanda-users:

R> Finally caught the culprit:

R> 1) Changed group permissions for backup directory to 'disk'
R> 2) Changed permissions for 'windows' directory to 'amanda.disk'

R> Now amflush runs fine.

R> Thanks a lot group for assisting me in finding solution to this problem!

All this reminds me of some episode of "Two stupid dogs". There was
this big family and after each small incident the mother asked the
children:

 "So what have we learned?".

I am a bit ashamed to not have seen this permission-problem ...

In my recent AMANDA-installations I developed the behavior of doing

chown -R amanda <some-dir-for-AMANDA>
chgrp -R disk <some-dir-for-AMANDA>

(assuming the use of the group disk)

Rohit, I don't remember that exactly:

Didn't amcheck complain about that?

And, more generally: Should amcheck complain about that?

--
best regards,
Stefan

Stefan G. Weichinger