Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover with file: driver

2004-01-22 13:56:49
Subject: Re: amrecover with file: driver
From: Marc Langlois <marc AT keyseismic DOT com>
To: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
Date: 22 Jan 2004 11:54:11 -0700
Stefan,

The settape section of the man page for amrecover says:

"settape [[server]:][tapedev|default]

If  you  want amrecover to use your changer, the tapedev must be equal
to the amrecover_changer setting on the server."

I used this setting in amanda.conf:

amrecover_changer chg-disk

then, in amrecover:

settape chg-disk

and the extract invokes the chg-disk script and sets the "./data"
sym-link to the correct slot automatically. Very nice!

Marc.

It appears that using "settape chg-disk" in amrecover