Amanda-Users

amrecover with file: driver

2004-01-21 13:47:05
Subject: amrecover with file: driver
From: Marc Langlois <marc AT keyseismic DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 21 Jan 2004 11:41:42 -0700
Hello,

I'm using amanda 2.4.4p2 on Redhat 8, with the "file" output driver
(i.e. writing to disk instead of tapes). The config is working great,
but using amrecover is a little clunky since the current "tape" slot
(directory) is usually set to the next available tape, and not the slot
required for the recovery.

I've got around this by using the command:

amtape <config> slot <n>

to re-set the "./data" sym-link in the tape directory, but it has to be
done outside of amrecover after the required label is displayed, e.g.:

Extracting files using tape drive file:/s4/amanda_tapes on host
localhost.
Load tape clst01Daily20 now
Continue [?/Y/n/s/t]?

<then I run amtape ... in another window>

Is there a simpler way to change the current tape directory, especially
for non-unix-guru users?

TIA,
Marc Langlois.