Amanda-Users

Re: Problem with Changer

2004-01-20 04:00:27
Subject: Re: Problem with Changer
From: Thomas Corell <corell AT capcom DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:51:52 +0100
Gene Heskett wrote:
On Monday 19 January 2004 14:17, tobias.bluhm AT philips DOT com wrote:

Gene Heskett :

On Monday 19 January 2004 12:29, tobias.bluhm AT philips DOT com wrote:

Thomas Corell:

I'm running Linux with a 1.6.1 kernel, and amanda 2.4.4p2.

Do you mean kernel 2.6.1? If so, that's somewhat out on the
bleeding edge and it's still gonna have some kinks in it. Can you
drop it back to a 2.4 kernel & test?

I wouldn't think he would have to switch back to a 2.4 kernel to
run amanda, I switched to the 2.6 familty of kernels now for about
2 or more months and have had exactly zero problems running amanda
here.

I agree, it does not appear to be amanda itself that's the problem.
Those look like kernel level errors Thomas is getting.  I was
thinking more of a scsi driver problem.

Or a config problem, like nameing the /dev/device instead of the config number in his amanda.conf and chg-scsi.conf, or something along those lines.

Yes, I use 2.6.1 (sorry for the typo) but 2.4.* (I tested different Versions) failes the same way. But kernel level errors seems to look right, I fond some errors:

kernel: (scsi0:A:4:0): Unexpected busfree in Command phase
kernel: SEQADDR == 0x16b

I will take a look.

Thank's so far

Thomas Corell