Amanda-Users

Re: Problem with Changer

2004-01-19 16:52:24
Subject: Re: Problem with Changer
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: tobias.bluhm AT philips DOT com
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:49:12 -0500
On Monday 19 January 2004 14:17, tobias.bluhm AT philips DOT com wrote:
>Gene Heskett :
>>On Monday 19 January 2004 12:29, tobias.bluhm AT philips DOT com wrote:
>>>Thomas Corell:
>>>
>>>Do you mean kernel 2.6.1? If so, that's somewhat out on the
>>> bleeding edge and it's still gonna have some kinks in it. Can you
>>> drop it back to a 2.4 kernel & test?
>>
>>I wouldn't think he would have to switch back to a 2.4 kernel to
>> run amanda, I switched to the 2.6 familty of kernels now for about
>> 2 or more months and have had exactly zero problems running amanda
>> here.
>
>I agree, it does not appear to be amanda itself that's the problem.
> Those look like kernel level errors Thomas is getting.  I was
> thinking more of a scsi driver problem.

Or a config problem, like nameing the /dev/device instead of the
config number in his amanda.conf and chg-scsi.conf, or something
along those lines.

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap,
ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: