Amanda-Users

hi

2004-01-15 13:18:12
Subject: hi
From: Shashi Kanbur <shashi AT astro.umass DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:17:02 -0500 (EST)
Im using amanda version 2.4.4p1 on a linux amanda server and backing up
mainly linux machines but also two irix machines. the disklist entry for
these states

/scr comp-home-tar

and the log file states that the backup was successful. However, when I
use amrecover to get the files, it syas there are no index files. When I
look in curinfo, I find the tape it used, load that tape and then use
amrestore to get a file back onto my linux server.
But how do I convert this file to directories and files as on the original
irix machine?

Shashi Kanbur                                  shashi AT fcrao1.astro.umass DOT
edu
Five College Astronomy Department,
University of Massachusetts,
Amherst,
MA 01003
USA
(413) 577 0470                                 (413) 545 4223 (Fax)