Amanda-Users

Re: Unable to backup clients

2004-01-13 11:44:23
Subject: Re: Unable to backup clients
From: Mike Heller <mike AT dsny DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 08:45:31 -0800
Don, I'll give that a try, thanks.  I'm recompiling the server and clients as I write this.

Can you tell me what your /etc/services looks like for the amanda services?

Thanks,
Mike

donald.ritchey AT exeloncorp DOT com wrote:
Mike:

There may be a bit of misunderstanding here.  The TCP ports may be in the
unprivileged range, since the ones we use here are 50000-50040.  We do have
the UDP ports in the range of 890-899.  See if you can try a different range
on TCP ports and, if possible, allocate a larger range of ports (since
Amanda will reuse them, but cannot use more than the port range at one
time).

Our options to the configure are:
	--with-portrange=50000,50040 --with-udpportrange=890,899

Best of luck,

Don

Donald L. (Don) Ritchey