Amanda-Users

amrecover does not use my changer

2004-01-11 09:15:34
Subject: amrecover does not use my changer
From: "Dr. Christoph Pospiech" <pospiech AT de.ibm DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:12:48 +0100
Hi all,

I am having problems to get amrecover to use the tape changer.

In the man page of amrecover, I find the following.
              If  you  want  amrecover  to  use your changer, the
              tapedev must be equal to the amrecover_changer set-
              ting on the server.

And in the man page of amanda I find the following.
       amrecover_changer "string"
              Default: ''.  Amrecover will use the changer if you
              use  'settape <STRING>' and that string is the same
              as the amrecover_changer setting.

Does this mean, "string" can be anything like e.g. "hallo" and an apparently
meaningless 'settape hallo' triggers the use of the tape changer ? Or do I
have to set amrecover_changer to the same value as the tapedev variable in
the same config file ?

--

Mit freundlichen Gruessen/Best Regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing
Advanced Computing Technology Center
Phone +49-621-469450, Fax: ...-469200, eMail: pospiech AT de.ibm DOT com
Mobile +49-171 765 5871
---- Please Note new Tel+FAX Number ----